This article was originally featured in the BWH Nutrition and Wellness Hub.
Eating for your health doesn’t have to be dull―it can be absolutely delicious! Pairing fun flavors with fresh ingredients is the perfect recipe for a well-balanced lifestyle.
Enjoy this vegetable quinoa salad recipe for a quick summer meal made with the season’s freshest ingredients.
4 cups boiling water
3 oz. olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
Juice from one lemon
1 medium tomato, diced
1 medium cucumber, diced
1 medium zucchini, diced
1 medium red onion, diced
1 medium carrot, grated
½ cup fresh parsley or mint, or both
2 cups rinsed quinoa
- Bring water to a slow boil.
- Add salt, oil, and lemon juice.
- Add in the quinoa. Simmer covered for 15 minutes. Remove, and cool well.
- In a bowl, add all the veggies and herbs.
- Toss in quinoa and mix well.
- Serve on a bed of dark greens.