TAKING STEPS TOWARD BETTER HEALTH
Congratulations to the nearly 800 participants who recently completed the first steps challenge of the Step Up for Stepping Strong employee wellness initiative. Throughout the month of May employees from participating companies took a collective 120,418,230 steps toward better health while supporting transformative trauma innovation at The Gillian Reny Stepping Strong Center for Trauma Innovation at Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH).
“Step Up for Stepping Strong was a great way to get our employees thinking about and making healthier lifestyles choices,” said, Patti Genovese, Lead Sponsorship Coordinator. As a founding partner of the program, Amica was proud to help support and raise awareness for the wonderful work of the Stepping Strong Center.
The team grand prize winner for the May challenge was Atlantic Trust, who had the highest daily goal-achievement percentage among their employees with 60 percent. Second place went to RSM with 52 percent, followed by National Grid with 43 percent. Other challenge highlights include:
- The combined distance traveled by everyone who took part was 42,321, miles, or almost two and a half times around the world
- Participants were stepping for 395,904 minutes (which equals 6,598 hours, or 274 days, or 39 weeks, or 9 months)
- Team Amica Insurance took the most overall steps with 50,352,608
- 45% of participants averaged between 5,999 and 9,999 steps each day
- RSM team members were the most active, averaging 2.86 miles per day
Is Your Company Ready to Step Up?
The next Step Up for Stepping Strong challenge begins September 1, and registration is open from August 1–31. Anyone who took part in the May steps challenge is automatically enrolled in the September challenge and will receive additional information in the coming months.
If you are interested in having your company take part in Step Up for Stepping Strong, contact Zachary Dollar, Director of Corporate Partnerships and Cause Marketing, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-424-4299.