Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH) convened an intimate group of supporters at the Revere Hotel Boston Common on Wednesday, February 4, for a unique cocktail party showcasing revolutionary medical breakthroughs. Co-hosted by Brian Conway, Scott Sperling, and Gwill York, BWH Game Changers: Revolutionizing Medicine kicked off with a keynote address from BWH surgeon Atul Gawande, MD, MPH, who spoke about his new book, Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End, currently #1 on The New York Times Best Sellers list. Following the keynote, guests were treated to six “speed dating” sessions with cutting-edge BWH physicians and scientists, who discussed advances in cardiology, allergy, cancer, regenerative medicine, precision medicine, and data informatics.
- Leonard D'Avolio, PhD, Associate Bioinformaticist to the Research Staff, Division of General Internal Medicine; Director, Informatics and Measurement Platform, Ariadne Labs
- Omid Farokhzad, MD, Physician-scientist, Department of Anesthesiology
- Jeff Golden, MD , Chair, Department of Pathology
- Tanya Laidlaw, MD, Director, Translational Research in Allergy
- Mandeep Mehra, MD, Medical Director, Heart and Vascular Center
- Jessica Whited, PhD, Principal Investigator, Regenerative Medicine Center
For more information about the work of Gawande and the presenters, please contact: