During the month of September, 3,242 participants took part in the 2020 Step Up for Stepping Strong challenge to benefit The Gillian Reny Stepping Strong Center for Trauma Innovation at Brigham and Women’s Hospital. Participants came together and exceeded the target goal of 500M steps to support trauma survivors. To mark the accomplishment, program sponsor Cigna donated $100K to the center.
Special kudos to Triverus Consulting for being the top team with a daily average of 11,275 steps per team member!
Thanks to all participants, the center continues to make advances every day to help trauma survivors. There are many ways you can continue to support the work the center is doing to fuel advances in trauma healing and emergency preparedness:
- Join the Stepping Strong Team or create a company team for the first ever virtual B.A.A. 10K in November https://charity.gofundme.com/o/en/campaign/stepping-strong7
- Organize your own virtual fundraiser https://steppingstrong.bwh.harvard.edu/start-a-fundraiser/
- Make a gift (individuals who donate $50 will receive a [link: https://giving.brighamandwomens.org/give1/?fund=other&other-text=Gillian-Reny-Stepping-Strong-Center-for-Trauma-Innovation&appeal=2009EVCSSU&utm_medium=web&utm_source=bwhgiving&utm_campaign=2009EVCSSU&ad_content=posteventpage
Stay connected! Follow Stepping Strong on social media.
- @steppingstrongcenter on Instagram
- @SteppingStrong on Facebook
- @steppingstrong1 on Twitter
STEP UP IN THE NEWS
Cigna donates $100K to the Stepping Strong Center for second straight year
Cigna one once again teamed up with Brigham and Women’s Hospital in 2019 to champion Step Up for Stepping Strong. This year 3,200 volunteers tracked their daily steps in the monthly fitness challenge and when the combined steps total crossed the 300 million mark, Cigna donated $100,00 to The Gillian Reny Stepping Strong Center for Trauma Innovation.
Cigna keeps challenge promise, donates $100K to Boston hospital center
A fundraiser at Brigham & Women’s Hospital asked supporters to use fitness trackers for month. If they tracked 100 million steps together, Cigna agreed to donate $100,000 to the Gillian Reny Stepping Strong Center for Trauma Innovation. It’s supporters exceeded their 100 million goal with the final count coming in at more than 200 million steps.
Fitness trackers being considered for hybrid cardiac rehab program
Wearable fitness trackers help people set goals and keep them. Now Brigham and Women’s Hospital is considering them as part of a new hybrid cardiac rehab program.
To learn more about how you can support or be part of the Step Up for Stepping Strong challenge, please contact Caroline Duncan at email@example.com or 617-424-4263.