Brigham and Women’s Hospital Marathon Team is more than a group of runners. We are a family—one that is dedicated to supporting life-giving breakthroughs across all disciplines and disease areas at BWH.
The team is comprised of first-time runners, experienced marathoners, BWH employees, grateful patients, and friends who want to participate in our marathon program and represent the hospital.
Here are some of the benefits we offer our runners:
- Fundraising assistance including a fundraising website and valuable emails with advice, tips, and helpful hints to keep your fundraising total growing.
- Personalized training including weekend runs, weekly hill runs, and a dedicated team of professional athletic trainers and physical therapists to prepare you for race day.
- Branded team apparel and other BWH swag.
- Team meetings with fundraising, nutrition, team building, and marathon/team information.
- Team socials where BWH runners can meet and mingle.
- A dedicated water/snack station during long-run training.
- Team pasta dinner the evening before the race for runners, their family, and friends.
- Worry-free logistics including a heated VIP tent in Hopkinton the morning of the race, breakfast and much more.
- A post-race celebration for runners and their families to receive lunch, complimentary massages, and immediate access to trainers and physicians.
We look forward to cheering you on to the finish line on April 21!