Gifts of Publicly Traded Securities
With your gift of publicly traded securities to Brigham and Women’s Hospital, you can make a direct impact on the future of medicine.
A gift of publicly traded securities could be right for you if:
- You own publicly traded securities (please consult with your financial advisor)
- Some of these securities have increased in value since you bought them
- Some of these securities may provide you with little or no dividends
How it works:
- You can deduct the full fair market value of your shares as of the date of your donation, regardless of the original purchase price
- You avoid capital gains tax on securities that you donate, that have increased in value, and you have owned for more than a year
For more information on making a gift of publicly traded securities to Brigham and Women’s Hospital, please read our FAQ or contact Kiran Rai at 617 424 4321 or firstname.lastname@example.org.